Thursday, February 21, 2008

Error message ORA-12151

Question :
On Feb 19, 2008 9:13 PM, Sujan Panday via oracle-db-l <oracle-db-l@groups.ittoolbox.com> wrote:
I am trying to login sys/manager @sysadmin, got this error message.
ORA-12151: TNS: could not resolve service name
Actully, I forgot my sys or system password.
Now I only login with Scott/tiger@oracle.
I am using Oracle 9i
Walk me through the process?
__.

Answers :

Posted by blf2vkr
on 02/19/2008 10:16:00 PM

Try this:
SQL> sys/manager@ as sysdba or
SQL> sys/manager@ as sysoper and I think it will work.
I am not sure what you mean by @sysadmin in the sql statement. Is sysadmin a
sid name or what?
Well, I tried what I am providing you and it works.
Good Luck.
blf2vkr

Posted by naveen_bisht
on 02/19/2008 10:47:00 PM

hi
this is naveen
try this
SQL> conn /as sysdba
this will connect u by defaule as sys user.bcoz when u login with sysdba
role u will connected with sys user.
after connected check the user name .query
SQL> show user
this query show u the user name with whom ur connected currently.
i observe ur statement and i think ur trying to login remotely to another
database.if i m right.so be sure there tns
entry should be added in both tnsnames.ora file.
if this work plz confirm me.
naveen2_bisht@yahoo.co.in
or
naveen2bisht@gmail.com


No comments: